SeaTac Park Goes Green! Plus, Tips on How You Can Drive Green
At SeaTac Park, we are proud to call ourselves a ‘green’ parking lot. We are able to call ourselves this for a number of reasons. First of all, we have a system that will separate out contaminants such as sediment and oil from lot runoff before the water is released into the city’s stormwater system. But we don’t stop there. SeaTac Park uses the very first natural gas shuttle bus and also offers electrical outlets to accommodate electric vehicles. Our latest step towards going green was offering the ability to make reservations without requiring a single hard copy or piece of paper! So, join in our effort to make the world a greener place and consider these ‘drive green’ tips.
- Drive a green car – You can now find a hybrid model of almost any type of vehicle that you may need. Because these options are often pricey, shopping for vehicles with the best miles per gallon ratio is also a good idea.
- Get regular tune-ups and maintenance – This will help you burn less gas, prevent pollution and save you car troubles down the road.
- Carpool – Find someone to carpool with to work! Taking turns can help the environment, save wear and tear on your car, and not to mention, let you catch up on some Z’s on the way to work when it’s not your turn to drive!
- Be cool with your AC use – Cut back on using your AC and roll down your windows to enjoy the beautiful summer Pacific Northwest afternoons.
- Don’t drive if you don’t have to – Walk, ride your bike, use public transit, heck, any means of transportation besides driving can benefit the environment!